[jcifs] Has anybody else seen problems with file names that startwith a dot?

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Wed Nov 5 21:20:50 EST 2003

> With an actual file name of ".profile" without the double quotes, building
> a directory listing using the list() method will retain the dot as the
> first character of the file name, however, building a directory listing
> via the listFiles() method will result in the dot being substituted by a
> space.
>
> list() -> ".profile"
> listFiles() -> " profile"

Most definitely a bug. I'm a little surprised no one has spotted it all
this time which leads me to believe it was either recently introduced or
it's specific to certain "environmental conditions".

What server's have you tried that exhibit this behavior?

I'll look into it tomarrow...

A program should be written to  model the concepts of the task it
maximizes the  potential for it  to be applied  to tasks that are
conceptually similar and, more  important, to tasks that have not
yet been conceived.