[jcifs] Help - issue with close() on smbFileOutputStream

Suresh Yellamaraju syellam at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 18 23:50:44 EST 2003

Hi
After writing the file, I call the close on
SMBFileOutputStream. I attempt deleting the file
immediately after the close call returns. This gives
me the file is in use by another process. Looks like
the file is still being written to. This happens if a
large file is written. It takes close to 10-20 seconds
before deletion is allowed.
(1) How is it that the close then can complete its
call and return?
(2) Is there a way of knowing, if the file is in use
by another process?

Thanks in advance for your help
Suresh