[jcifs] Printing, RPCs, and Looking Forward

Allen, Michael B (RSCH) Michael_B_Allen at ml.com
Wed Jun 18 08:48:51 EST 2003

If I were ever too seriously look at printing (and it's not very attractive
for reasons explained previously) I think it would have to be based on
RPC mechanisms. Using RPCs for all of this stuff (not just printing)
will be the only way to ensure stability.

Looking forward I think we probably have one more iteration to add
setting file attributes and so on. That will be 1.0 I suppose. Then comes
RPCs. But at the rate I work on jCIFS don't hold your breath.

Mike