[jcifs] Supposed problem with the LGPL. Sigh.

Allen, Michael B (RSCH) Michael_B_Allen at ml.com
Tue Jul 29 10:09:04 EST 2003

	My understanding of this was that it was being claimed that importing
	individual classes from the library would be grounds for that users library to
	be LGPL'd as well which is just plain false. As for presenting the license
	and how you distribute the library and all that, that's just to ensure that the
	tool chain is in place to validate the distributors obligations. For open
	source projects like ours where the source is an easy google away I don't
	think anyone would be reprimanded for not including it. Including a link
	when describing what the jcifs-x.x.x.jar file is in the installation instructions
	is enough recognition for me (of course it's not up to me).