[jcifs] SmbSession.logon and multiple domains

Allen, Michael B (RSCH) Michael_B_Allen at ml.com
Tue Jul 29 09:52:59 EST 2003

You can use any domain controller. The domain is not "ignored".
The domain\username must be a valid pair. Note that if you use a
domain controller for another domain, that domain controller might
simply contact your real domain controller. For optimal
performance and to reduce unnecessary dependencies it might be
reasonable to store the users domain in a cookie. The app could
present the user with a dialog asking them for their NT domain the
first time they visit the site. But the domain is hardcoded in the
web.xml file at the moment I don't think this is feasable at the
moment (Eric?). It's probably best to just set the domain controller
of the Filter to the domain local to the webserver (or maybe the
localhost if the web server is windows).

Mike