[jcifs] Redirecting through IIS to Tomcat gives an error

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Fri Jul 25 12:59:21 EST 2003

> Thanks Mike.
>
> I've added the file and made the jar file and I don't get the exception
but I end up getting the following running the NtlmHttpAuthExample
servlet:

> NTLM HTTP Authentication Example
> successfully logged in 			<-- something has logged in but it doesn't say

Make sure your web.xml mapping is correct in the context of the redirector
DLL. Usually this sort of thing happends when the Filter isn't really
being triggered so the user is permitted access. Although in that case
getRemoteUser would probably report 'null successfully logged in'. I
suspect getRemoteUser is returning an empty String. Empty credentials
would also be consistent with the cause of the original
ArrayIndexOutOfBounds exception. The question is; is IE sending empty
credentials and if so, why. An Ethereal packet capture would probably help
here. I would check the archives for info regarding tomcat. I seem to
recall it coming up before. My jCIFS mail doesn't go back that far...