[jcifs] Intermittent Broken Pipes

Allen, Michael B (RSCH) Michael_B_Allen at ml.com
Thu Jul 24 10:09:08 EST 2003

The server is trying to write to a closed socket.

How long does it take to happen? Does this happen after the jcifs client is
sitting there doing nothing for a while? The only thing I can think of is
the scenario where jcifs connects and waits for the server to write
something. I believe the client may close the connection after
jcifs.smb.client.soTimeout in this case.

Otherwise, can you get a packet capture of this happening? That will tell us
which is culprit, jcifs or the server.

Tell me more about what the app is doing. What pipe modes are you using
on both the server and with jCIFS.

Mike