[jcifs] System requirements

Michael B. Allen miallen at eskimo.com
Sat Jan 18 20:59:02 EST 2003

On Fri, 17 Jan 2003 15:59:49 -0800
Brad_Fiske at Countrywide.Com wrote:

> I can get the NTLM HTTP Authentication Example to work and the have code
> working using NtlmPasswordAuthentication on W2K machine -
> but when I try to get it to work on Windows95 box with IEv5.0 it doesn't
> finish the connection.  Should this work on the W95-IE5.0 configuration?

Is the Win9x machine "logged in" to the domain? Obviously central
authentication will not work if they are not logging in against a central
password database. Just making sure!

Otherwise, at one point I think I had Win98 with IE 4.0 working with
hardcoded credentials. I have never tried it with Win9x "logged in" to
a domain. Win9x cannot really join the domain. They simulate it. But in
theory it should still work.  We've had another report that it didn't work
with Win95. Not sure what IE their using. I'll try it with my setup but
if it works with me then we're going to need a lot more detail. Meaning
Ethereal or NetMon packet captures.

A  program should be written to model the concepts of the task it
maximizes  the  potential  for it to be applied to tasks that are
conceptually  similar and, more important, to tasks that have not
yet been conceived.