[jcifs] Some shares are not reported by jCIFS

Matthew Tippett matthew at casero.com
Sat Jan 11 05:22:01 EST 2003

Can you verify with a network trace what is being returned by the SMB
server on the Solaris server?  BTW what is the SMB server that you are
using?

Ethereal or even just a snoop trace during the request would be fine.

Since there are hard (and enforced :) limits on the size of attachments
to the list, host it on a web server and we can all look at it and see
if it is JCIFS not parsing properly or if the Solaris SMB Server is not
returning everything.

Regards,

Matthew

Sundari Karra wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> I have reported some time back jCIFS was not reporting all the shares
on a
> solaris machine.  We still have the problem and I was wondering if
anyone
> has any ideas, here is more information:
> 1) We are trying to get shares from a Solaris server.
> 2) The credentials are verified and a few shares are reported.  An
example
> is, of the 2,300 shares only 185 are reported.
> 3) Of the shares that not being reported, very few share names are
longer
> than 12 characters.  So I am not sure why others are not being
reported,
> most of these share names don't have any special characters etc.
>
> Please let me know if any other information is needed to understand
what is
> going on.
>
> Thanks,
> Sundari.

-----

The information contained in this message is proprietary of Casero Inc.,
protected from disclosure, and may be privileged. The information is
intended to be conveyed only to the designated recipient(s) of the
message. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, use, distribution or
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please
notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from
your computer. Thank you.