[jcifs] Some shares are not reported by jCIFS

Sundari Karra sundari at tek-tools.com
Sat Jan 11 07:11:46 EST 2003

Hi all:

I have reported some time back jCIFS was not reporting all the shares on a
solaris machine.  We still have the problem and I was wondering if anyone
has any ideas, here is more information:
1) We are trying to get shares from a Solaris server.
2) The credentials are verified and a few shares are reported.  An example
is, of the 2,300 shares only 185 are reported.
3) Of the shares that not being reported, very few share names are longer
than 12 characters.  So I am not sure why others are not being reported,
most of these share names don't have any special characters etc.

Please let me know if any other information is needed to understand what is
going on.

Thanks,
Sundari.