[jcifs] Acl Support

Michael B. Allen miallen at eskimo.com
Fri Feb 28 07:06:15 EST 2003

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003 17:59:42 +0100
Stefan Voelkel <Stefan.Voelkel at millenux.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> is there a way to modify ACL's via jcifs? If not are there plans to
> implement it? If not can you give my a hint what I have to read to
> implement this?

ACL manipulation will require DCE/RPC. We have up to and including
full transact named pipes but there would be quite a bit more on top
of that to get to the point where we could even start to think about
ACLs. Eventually we'll get there but I don't work on jCIFS continually so
when things are stable (like right now) I'm off doing other things. Maybe
in the next round.

Mike

PS: There are SMB functions for extended attrinutes.

--
A  program should be written to model the concepts of the task it
maximizes  the  potential  for it to be applied to tasks that are