[jcifs] threading

Michael B. Allen miallen at eskimo.com
Thu Feb 20 08:37:21 EST 2003

On Wed, 19 Feb 2003 14:43:36 -0600
"Christopher R. Hertel" <crh at ubiqx.mn.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 03:14:40PM -0500, Dan Dumont wrote:
> > Well I am accessing files by ip address.
> > smb://Guest@666.666.666.666/ for example
> >
> > and its not just connect.  While my indexer is going through the
> > computers shares, the other threads must wait until it's done.

I have never seen such a thing happen. Are you querying the
same host? Maybe the server is incappable of handling requests
concurrently. We'd need *much* more information to look at this
futher. Packet traces, -Dlog=ALL dumps, minimal code, etc.

A  program should be written to model the concepts of the task it
maximizes  the  potential  for it to be applied to tasks that are
conceptually  similar and, more important, to tasks that have not
yet been conceived.