[jcifs] threading

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Thu Feb 20 07:43:36 EST 2003

On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 03:14:40PM -0500, Dan Dumont wrote:
> Well I am accessing files by ip address.
> smb://Guest@666.666.666.666/ for example
>
> and its not just connect.  While my indexer is going through the
> computers shares, the other threads must wait until it's done.
> Im using winXP and the latest jcifs code I can find.   On jdk 1.3

My suggestion was just that...a suggestion.  Still, the symptoms you
report are not inconsistent with a blocking system call being used in the
JVM.  Of course, there's not really enough information to be sure.  I'd
still want to see a packet trace to know what is happening on the wire
when this problem crops up.

Has anyone else seen this?  Is it specific to WXP?

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org