[jcifs] REPOST: Problem with Ntlm Http Authentication

Michael B. Allen miallen at eskimo.com
Thu Feb 13 18:56:43 EST 2003

Even though you're supplying the "BOGUS" credentials the target
is returning a successfull SMB_COM_SESSION_SETUP_ANDX anyway. The
SMB_COM_TREE_CONNECT_ANDX is returning successfully too and indicates
the user is logged in as 'GUEST'. See the third like here:

SmbComSessionSetupAndXResponse[command=SMB_COM_SESSION_SETUP_ANDX,received=true,
errorCode=0x00000000,flags=0x0098,flags2=0x8001,tid=4099,pid=25314,uid=8192,mid=
2,wordCount=3,byteCount=85,andxCommand=0x75,andxOffset=126,isLoggedInAsGuest=tru
e,nativeOs=Windows NT 4.0,nativeLanMan=NT LAN Manager 4.0,primaryDomain=BLR-DOM]

Not sure what to do about this. I don't suppose we can write it off as
a server configuration issue. I'll have to investigate further. Keep
you posted.

Mike

--
A  program should be written to model the concepts of the task it
maximizes  the  potential  for it to be applied to tasks that are