[jcifs] Getting security Descriptors, problems with masks

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Tue Dec 23 08:34:23 GMT 2003

> Hi Michael,
>
> Thanks for the reply. I checked jcifs 0,8b but I cannot see a solution
> to my problems. Specially the createOptions parameter. It must have a
> value that it is not possible with createOption = createOptions|0x040.
> THe value must host the value 0 in this bit set to 1 to query on
> files.In the value of CreateOptions == 0x0040 I cannot open folders.

Well it's going to take a little more than tweeking some flags. In fact, RPCs will
be necessary to actually *use* any sids. That work is in progress but it is still
going to take some time.

> Regarding the refresh, it would be enough with calling open again, you
> are right.
>
> Thanks for the support,
>
> MIguel
>
> p.d: I will try to upload the code somewhere. At the moment the first
> realease of my library to query for windows security is finished.

A program should be written to  model the concepts of the task it
maximizes the  potential for it  to be applied  to tasks that are
conceptually similar and, more  important, to tasks that have not
yet been conceived.