[jcifs] Cannot get jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter to work

Alfie Kirkpatrick Alfie.Kirkpatrick at ioko.com
Thu Dec 18 12:53:49 GMT 2003

I always get an SmbAuthException whether I use
jcifs.http.domainController or jcifs.smb.client.domain and
jcifs.netbios.wins together (as shown in the example). The error
returned is "Access denied" (thrown by SmbSession.logon).

If I construct my own NtlmPasswordAuthentication with explicit
domain/username/password and pass it to SmbSession.logon it works fine,
so it appears to be a problem with the communication between browser and
servlet, rather than between servlet and DC. I'm using IE6 on WinXP and
the DC is running ActiveDirectory. My servlet is running on localhost
and is shown as "Local intranet"

Thanks for any help/advice,
Alfie.