[jcifs] Problems with SmbOutputFileStream.write() to a NetWare-Server

Rudi Synoradzki RSynoradzki at gmx.net
Wed Dec 3 23:10:40 GMT 2003

Hello and thanks for the quick respond.

Win2000 replies on net helpmsg 64:
"The requested network name was no longer found"

I also found a Novell TID concerning smb errors:
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10080030.htm

As additional info:
I connect to //server/share/... with the default user credentials stored
using the Config.class. I am just running a Workgroup and don't have a Domain
or ADS.

My program is a webapp running on mdk9.0 with tomcat 4.1 and java runtime
1.3.1_06 and smbclient 2.2.7. (Yes I know, I could connect using NFS but I'd
like to use CIFS to be platform independent).

I take a trace (tomorrow - its midnight in Europe) and send it to Mike
directly or should I send it to both of you?

Thanks
Rudi