[jcifs] Problem with NTLM HTTP Auth Filter

Eric eglass1 at comcast.net
Wed Aug 6 10:02:26 EST 2003

>>The only work around I have been able to find is to send a 401 status
>>with a response.  This will "trick" the client into forgetting about
>>NTLM, but is really kludgy.
>

> So what is IE keying on? If changing the name of the Servlet/path is not
> sufficient to provoke IE to "forget about NTLM" then I suppose the only
> "correct" solution would be to create a new virtual host on the server. If
> some clients are members of an NT domain and other clients are not then it
> makes good sense to have them access different server names.
>
> Mike

That would probably work; I haven't tried.  I was looking at this for
awhile.  Simply breaking the connection (i.e., "Connection: close")
doesn't work -- it will still attempt to renegotiate on the next POST.
Sending the 401 was all I could figure out.  Going to another server did
work, though, so a virtual host might also.

Eric