[jcifs] Problem with NTLM HTTP Auth Filter

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Wed Aug 6 09:48:04 EST 2003

> Eric Jesus wrote:

>> Any ideas of what can be done to work around this? Or maybe some
>> ideas of what I can check?
>
> The only work around I have been able to find is to send a 401 status
> with a response.  This will "trick" the client into forgetting about
> NTLM, but is really kludgy.

So what is IE keying on? If changing the name of the Servlet/path is not
sufficient to provoke IE to "forget about NTLM" then I suppose the only
"correct" solution would be to create a new virtual host on the server. If
some clients are members of an NT domain and other clients are not then it
makes good sense to have them access different server names.