[jcifs] Multiple host SMB Crawler

Dan Dumont Dan at canofsleep.com
Thu Apr 17 05:10:14 EST 2003

I have achieved almost a 'perfect' workaround to the problem I was having.
'Almost' because I really did not grasp what you were trying to tell me in
your explanation.

However, what I found was that if I modified the maxMpxCount to 100 in your
code.  The indexing program will run at full speed (note I tried setting
this in the options and it didn't work...  at all.  Perhaps I am doing
something wrong)

However, after about 100 ip address have been...  indexed, or discarded or
whatever, all the threads lock up in
synchronized int aquireMid() throws InterruptedException {
            while( mpxCount >= maxMpxCount ) {
                wait();
            }

^^^  there.

Is the timeout like... really high or something, so high that if I let my
computer work at this until after next Christmas it will finally give up and
let me through?
Or is this a problem with my little code edit.
Or is this simply another unintended side effect?