[jcifs] A bunch of NTLM stuff

Michael B. Allen miallen at eskimo.com
Thu Oct 10 03:21:54 EST 2002

On Wed, 9 Oct 2002 03:50:04 -0400
"Glass, Eric" <eric.glass at capitalone.com> wrote:

> [...]

After  10  minutes  the  transport  will be dropped invalidating the 8 byte
challenge  in  the NtlmPasswordAuthentication object held by SmbSession. In
my original code, when reconnecting the password hashes could be updated in
place  because  it  was  in  the  NtlmPasswordAuthentication object held by
SmbSession    held    by    NtlmHttpSession.    You    create    a    *new*
NtlmHttpAuthentication  object  which  means  the  new  challenge cannot be
known.  The  fix  is  to set the new NtlmHttpAuthentication object when you
dole out new SmbSessions in SmbTransport.getSmbSession().

--
A  program should be written to model the concepts of the task it
maximizes  the  potential  for it to be applied to tasks that are