[jcifs] A bunch of NTLM stuff

Glass, Eric eric.glass at capitalone.com
Wed Oct 9 17:50:04 EST 2002

Thanks for the heads up.  I haven't come across this as of yet, but this
will probably save me some hair-pulling at some point.  When would this
occur?  I've set the soTimeout to 10 minutes -- would I see the issue
globally after that time?  How would this manifest itself?

> Also, note that the "domain" in the type-1-message is the
> workgroup and not
> the  authentication domain. Frequently they are the same but
> not always. In
> my  code,  I  do not even bother to use this field as a
> fallback domain and
> instead  just  require a domainController property. The real
> authentication
> domain is in the type-3-message.

Good to know.  Thanks again!