[jcifs] Quick question

Michael B. Allen miallen at eskimo.com
Sat Nov 23 13:39:44 EST 2002

On Fri, 22 Nov 2002 13:52:15 -0600
"Scott Francis" <scott.francis at newisys.com> wrote:

> New to the list and using jCIFS.  Looked over the javadoc stuff so I think I already found my answer (being no), but wanted to throw this out to the group first.  Question:  Is there a way to find and change ownership of a file using jCIFS.

No. The concept of file ownership is not supported in the standard CIFS
command set. This requires DCE/RPC which is has not been implemented
nor are there plans to implement it.

--
A  program should be written to model the concepts of the task it
maximizes  the  potential  for it to be applied to tasks that are