[jcifs] 0.7.0 release schedule

Michael B. Allen miallen at eskimo.com
Sat Nov 23 06:33:20 EST 2002

And next week someone will say "well ... keep in mind this is only beta
code." No. The jcifs-0.7.0b9 package and all 0.7s that came before it
are BETA. This means that it has not been tested thoroughly. I do not
recommend that beta code be used in production applications. Regardless of
what version of jCIFS you are using, beta or otherwise, you should test
the functionality you will be using thoroughly, possibly with regression
tests using JUnit or similar, and report any issues to the jcifs mailing
list. In this way you will have the confidence to move forward in your
application and you will have the test results to show your managers
that the package has passed your "certification" process. If after doing
this you are still not confortable with the b flag, you can expand your
tests and help bring the jCIFS package out of beta. I cannot make any
predictions about when and under what rules packages are released due
to the dynamic nature of software development. Release schedules are
pacifiers for managers and we don't have those here.

--
A  program should be written to model the concepts of the task it
maximizes  the  potential  for it to be applied to tasks that are