[jcifs] Help!! SMBException

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Thu Nov 14 04:17:33 EST 2002

One thing to note is that jCIFS does not mount the remote file locally.
With jCIFS you will need to copy the remote file before passing it to the
local PDF viewer (unless the PDF viewer is also written in Java and you
can merge the two).  If you're on a Linux or similar system, you're better
off mounting the remote directory.  Likewise on a Windows client, where
you can do a 'net use' to access the file.

Again, the purpose of using the List.java, Exists.java, or ListAll.java
examples is simply to determine that you have a correct SMB URL.  These
example programs work for just about everyone.  If you have trouble with
them, then it's something in your environment or in the way you are
forming the URL.  If you don't have trouble with them, then it's something
in the Java code you've written.  The examples, as I said earlier, provide
a baseline for debugging.

Good luck with it.

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org