[jcifs] Help!! SMBException

Allen, Michael B (RSCH) Michael_B_Allen at ml.com
Wed Nov 13 13:15:03 EST 2002

This is the kind of thing you're going to have to work out yourself Melodie. We're pretty
certain the client actually works as advertised :~) Start out with something simple like
running the ListFiles.java example with 'smb://', 'smb://workgroup/', and 'smb://server/'
URLs. Those should work regardless of what your credentials. Once you know the
client is successfully communicating with the server I suspect you'll find the problem
is a simple password problem. Try to 'map network drive..' and other diagnostics.
Sorry I can't help you further.