[jcifs] jCIFS MalformedURLException trying to get shares

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Fri Nov 8 15:21:43 EST 2002

If the '@' is part of the username (not a delimiter between the username
and the domain name) then you need to escape it, as in:

  smb://test%40test-domain.com:pwd@172.16.0.2/

The '@' sign is a delimiter used for parsing the SMB URLs, and should only
be used to separate the user portion from the host portion.  The full
syntax is (in simple format):

  smb://ntdomain;user:password@host:port/path/file

So that's the base of the problem.

In your message, however, you say "The user name is of the format
test at test-domain.com".  That doesn't look like a username to me.  That
looks like a username with a DNS domain name attached.

- If it is a DNS domain name, get rid of it.
- If it is an NT domain name, then it is malformed.  NT Domain names won't
  have a dot in them.
- If it is a W2K domain name, then you're out of luck.  We don't suppot
  Kerberos authentication yet.

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org