[jcifs] .freeDiskSpace()

andrea.lanza at frameweb.it andrea.lanza at frameweb.it
Fri Nov 8 01:10:02 EST 2002

OK, I found it !!

freeDiskSpace()  becomes getDiskFreeSpace(), I found it  reading the source
for SmbFile class.

But I have a new problem.
All my old code does not work anymore, I get a
java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: smb
when I try to use
  sourceFile = new SmbFile(new java.net.URL("smb://"));

or directly
  sourceFile = new SmbFile("smb://");

I saw a previous post from  Mats.Svensson at astrazeneca.com having (nearly)
the same problem.
I am working with an IBM Websphere Application Server 3.5.6, and I try to
put the jcifs.jar in the application's classpath, but it didn't work.

No changes in my code were done (apart from changing isWorkgroup() and
freeDiskSpace() methods with theirs new equivalent)

I am almost sure that the problem is the now pure native way of handling
smb:// url, using java.net.URL

any help will be greatly appreciated ,

Andrea

                      andrea.lanza at fram
                      eweb.it                  To:       jcifs at lists.samba.org
                      Sent by:                 cc:
                      jcifs-admin at lists        Fax to:
                      .samba.org               Subject:  [jcifs] .freeDiskSpace()

                      07/11/2002 11.23

Hi, I just downloaded (1 hour ago..) new jcifs_0.7.0b7 version.
Previously I had jcifs_0.7.0b3 version.

I found that method isWorkgroup() does not exist anymore: no problem, it
was deprecated
ad I substituted that with a  (getType() == SmbFile.TYPE_WORKGROUP)  test.

But my problem is:
where does it go freeDiskSpace() method of SmbFile class ????

I didn't see any deprecation notice before !

In the changes.txt file I only found an entry of addition of this method
in release jcifs-0.7.0b dated Thu Aug  8 04:05:28 EDT 2002

Where am I doing wrong ???

thanks,

Andrea