[jcifs] problem with NbtAddress.getAllByAddress()

ashish ashishn at ntechra.com
Tue May 14 06:54:49 EST 2002

Ok, here's full dump.
Yeah, actually that IP is not part of my local subnet.So I am forced not to
divulge the IP..
I am not sending this query to a broadcast address.
destination IP is a unicast address.
Interestingly, I have written a small program in C which does nbtstat and it
is able to get all the info.

ETHER:  ----- Ether Header -----
ETHER:
ETHER:  Packet 30 arrived at 11:26:8.93
ETHER:  Packet size = 92 bytes
ETHER:  Destination = 0:50:54:ff:88:64,
ETHER:  Source      = 0:3:ba:c:ac:e,
ETHER:  Ethertype = 0800 (IP)
ETHER:
IP:   ----- IP Header -----
IP:
IP:   Version = 4
IP:   Header length = 20 bytes
IP:   Type of service = 0x00
IP:         xxx. .... = 0 (precedence)
IP:         ...0 .... = normal delay
IP:         .... 0... = normal throughput
IP:         .... .0.. = normal reliability
IP:   Total length = 78 bytes
IP:   Identification = 9921
IP:   Flags = 0x4
IP:         .1.. .... = do not fragment
IP:         ..0. .... = last fragment
IP:   Fragment offset = 0 bytes
IP:   Time to live = 255 seconds/hops
IP:   Protocol = 17 (UDP)
IP:   Header checksum = 8768
IP:   Source address = 10.0.100.79, sunblade
IP:   Destination address = XX.XX.XX, XX.XX.XX
IP:   No options
IP:
UDP:  ----- UDP Header -----
UDP:
UDP:  Source port = 61764
UDP:  Destination port = 137 (NBNS)
UDP:  Length = 58
UDP:  Checksum = 00EA
UDP:
NBT:  ----- Netbios Name Service Header -----
NBT:
NBT:  Type = Query Request
NBT:  Status = Success
NBT:  Transaction ID = 0x0004
NBT:  Flags Summary = 0x0110
NBT:     - Broadcast
NBT:     - Recursion Desired
NBT:  Question count = 1
NBT:  Answer Count = 0
NBT:  Name Service Count = 0
NBT:  Additional Record Count = 0
NBT:  Question Name = *..............[0]
NBT:  Question Type = 0x0021
NBT:  Question Class = 0x0001
NBT: