[jcifs] problem with NbtAddress.getAllByAddress()

ashish ashishn at ntechra.com
Sun May 12 06:18:19 EST 2002

I am again back with the same problem.. but with more details....

nbtstat -A works fine.
but NbtAddress.getAllByAddress() or NbtAddress.getByName() fails.
Here's stack trace... I have set

 Config.setProperty("jcifs.util.log","ALL")

trying first nbtstat
tried first nbtstat
java.net.UnknownHostException: no name with type 0x00 with no scope for host XX.XX.XX.XX
        at jcifs.netbios.NbtAddress.getAllByAddress(NbtAddress.java:484)
        at jcifs.netbios.NbtAddress.checkNodeStatusData(NbtAddress.java:627, Compiled Code)
        at jcifs.netbios.NbtAddress.getMacAddress(NbtAddress.java:711, Compiled Code)
        at CheckMac.main(CheckMac.java:54, Compiled Code)
press any key to exit...

Here's code snippet

                String ip = "XX.XX.XX.XX";
                    System.out.println("trying first nbtstat");
                    NbtAddress addr1 = NbtAddress.getByName(ip) ;
                    System.out.println("tried first nbtstat");
                    byte[] array = addr1.getMacAddress() ;
                        String mac = StringUtils.bytesToHexString(array);
                        System.out.println("mac = "+mac);

I have replaced actual IP with "XX.XX.XX.XX"...