[jcifs] Any Support for Encrypted Transactions

Christopher R.Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Mon May 6 12:27:28 EST 2002

Another note...

We talked about this a bit at the Samba Conference last week and the
decision was made to *drop* SSL support from Samba.  Doing SSL within
Samba is awkward, at best.  Look at tools like stunnel for a better way to
make this work on the Samba side.

Chris -)-----

PS.  Someone (Andrew Bartlett, I believe) started a thread about this on
     the Samba Technical mailing list.  I have not kept up with this
     thread, but it's probably worth taking a look to see what people are
     saying about removing direct SSL support from Samba.

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org