[jcifs] Unable to list all servers in a workgroup

Michael B Allen mballen at erols.com
Mon Mar 18 06:37:05 EST 2002

On Sat, 17 Mar 2001 22:49:27 +1000
"510" <510 at optushome.com.au> wrote:

> Hi all, apologies if this has been asked before..
> I'm trying to list all servers in a workgroup, but for some reason it
> only finds one server, and misses the rest.
> I.e. -> I can list my shares (smb://jeff), but smb://workgroup won't
> list my computer.
> I've tried changing the resolveOrder ( jcifs.util.Config.setProperty(
> "resolveOrder", "BCAST" ); ) to a variety of combinations, but that
> won't work either.
> I've also tried using the List example in the examples, so it's not in
> my code somewhere..
> Its only a simple LAN with 4 computers (all running windows XP), with
> addresses assigned by DHCP.
> Any ideas?

Jeff,

I'd love to help you but provided you're using the latest version of the
software we're pretty confident that it actually works. So I'm equally
confident that your problem is a simple LAN configuration issue. I would
examine your network more closely for general NetBIOS issues. See the
FAQ for additional diagnostics.

May The Source be with you.