[jcifs] Bit 4 in FLAGS field.

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Sun Jul 21 19:06:31 EST 2002

On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 02:12:44AM -0500, Christopher R. Hertel wrote:
:
> > I don't remember. The SMB URL handling canonicalizes paths beforehand so to
> > test server behavior you would have to disable that or write some Java code
> > to issue low level requests that bypass the canonicalization.
>
> Okay.  FYI: I haven't seen any other clients set that bit.

I'm wrong.  I don't see *smbclient* set that bit, and I don't see smbd set
it in the reply either.  W2K sets it both as client and as server.

Having read up on it and checked the wire, I think Samba is wrong here
(not that it matters, the server is supposed to ignore the bit if NT LM
0.12 is negotiated).  I think jCIFS is right.

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org