[jcifs] No Access Exception Question

Yibo Dong ydong at mail.arc.nasa.gov
Fri Jul 12 08:48:19 EST 2002

Hi, Mike,

I just tested jcifs on an NT machine and got the same Invalid Parameter
error. It looks like that we can tentatively eliminate the possibility
of a platform specific error. I also tried the property file with domain
name being blank, with domain name entry being completely absent, it
didn't make any difference. Is domain a required parameter? The
comments and examples in SmbFile.java don't seem to say so.

Other than the following smb url

smb://domain;username:password@server/IPC$/pipe/name

what other setups for the server that I should go through, such as DNS,
WINS, etc., and specify them in the property file? Any other
configurations I haven't mentioned that I need to examine? In the example
jcifs.prp, the resolveOrder(=WINS) seems to be commented out by the
semicolon, is it true?

Thanks,

-Yibo