[jcifs] Re: Status Codes.

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Thu Jul 11 15:03:19 EST 2002

On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 05:29:00PM -0700, Tim Potter wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 09:42:12AM +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
>
> > > - Is the list of error codes in include/nterr.h the best available
> > >   (probably)?
> >
> > A newer list could probably be generated by the same mechinism.  The
> > best available is found on Win2k - but we like keeping at arms length
> > from that stuff.
>
> There's a list of win32 error codes at:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q155011
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q155012
>
> Probably some NT codes if you care to look at them.
>
> Cygwin has header files that are presumably not copyright by Microsoft
> which I still think we should use.  They might make a good reference
> point as well.

There is obviously a lot more to know about the Status codes than I was
aware.  I had heard it was a royal pain...

Does the client negotiate the set of codes it will use?  If it wants DOS
codes will it only get DOS codes, etc., or is there some overlap?  How
does a client know/control which codeset it's getting.

I know that CAP_STATUS32, but all the docs say (the docs I have) is that
it means 32-bit status codes will be returned.  How do you know which set.

(...and does anybody--Steve? You there?--know anything about the OS/2
Status codes?)

Thanks!

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org