[jcifs] Quick question re: "plain text" passwords.

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Mon Jan 14 10:04:30 EST 2002

Hi all...

Every now and then I actually get to spend some time digging into this
project.

I have had no trouble connecting to most of the systems in my home (those
that offer SMB services).  I did have a problem with one old Linux box
running a very old version of Samba.

I'm just curious what the
  java.lang.RuntimeException: plain text passwords not implemented
exception actually means.

Chris -)-----

$ java -Djcifs.properties=ubiqx.prp -Dpassword=xxxyyyzzz \
       -classpath examples:jcifs-0.6b8.jar T2Crawler smb://duplo/crh 1 100
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: plain text passwords
not implemented
        at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:96)
        at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Exception.java:44)
        at java.lang.RuntimeException.<init>(RuntimeException.java:49)
        at
jcifs.smb.SmbComTreeConnectAndX.writeParameterWordsWireFormat(SmbComTreeConnectAndX.java:135)
        at
jcifs.smb.AndXServerMessageBlock.writeAndXWireFormat(AndXServerMessageBlock.java:102)
        at
jcifs.smb.AndXServerMessageBlock.writeAndXWireFormat(AndXServerMessageBlock.java:173)
        at
jcifs.smb.AndXServerMessageBlock.writeWireFormat(AndXServerMessageBlock.java:72)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.send(SmbTransport.java:459)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.sessionSetup(SmbSession.java:149)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.send(SmbSession.java:124)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbTree.treeConnect(SmbTree.java:95)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbTree.sendTransaction(SmbTree.java:50)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.sendTransaction(SmbFile.java:449)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.listFiles(SmbFile.java:1176)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.listFiles(SmbFile.java:1164)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.listFiles(SmbFile.java:1068)
        at T2Crawler.<init>(T2Crawler.java:102)
        at T2Crawler.main(T2Crawler.java:128)

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org