[jcifs] Re: Bug Fixing

Michael B Allen mballen at erols.com
Tue Jan 8 04:04:56 EST 2002

On Mon, 7 Jan 2002 16:10:08 +0200
"Tsvetan Nachev" <ts_nachev at prosyst.bg> wrote:

> Hi Mike,
> I've just tried the new b6 and I'm glad to tell you that by now I still
> haven't got that Invalid UID exception. I've put a synchronized block but
> with b5 i still got it. But as far as in b6 is alright I'm satisfied enough
> with the result. Thank you!!!

That's great. I had a feeling I sqaushed that. Let's keep our fingers
crossed :~)

> As about the problem with the missing shares. Is it a problem with share
> names longer than 13 symbols only when these shares are at the top level
>  e.g \\server\share ), because there are files with names much longer than
> the 13 symbols you've mentioned and they are returned without any problems?

Tsvetan,

This is a well understood problem. If you search back in the archives
a bit you'll see other discussions about it. Unfortunately long share
names require DCE/RPC which is not documented by MS *at all*. There is
no ETA for this feature and it will certainly not happen soon.

Sorry,

May The Source be with you.