[jcifs] Documentation mistake ?

Michael B Allen mballen at erols.com
Sat Jan 5 06:52:26 EST 2002

On Fri, 04 Jan 2002 15:09:31 +0100
"Ivan Rangelov" <the.java.man at lycos.com> wrote:

>     public static final int ERRaccountExpired  = 2239;
>     public static final int ERRpasswordExpired = 2242;
>  ..."
>
>  So, what do you thing about this - a documentation mistake ?

2239 is account expired and 2242 is password expired. That's what MS
documentation says and that's what the authhandler.html docs say. I
don't see where you were led to believe something is not corrent?

>  I am still receiving the "The user account has expired" exception
>  (although I set the username pass hostname baddr domain ...   correctly)
>  This exception appears ONLY when I try to get the shares of a PC and  the available Workgroups.
>  WHEN I try to get a list of a computers in a given workgroup it      work  perfectly and fast!
>  If anyone know where I am wrong please notify();//Me :)))))))))

I'm not sure what the problem could be. For listing shares and workgroups
you usually don't need authentication credentials. Try examples/SmbShell
without a properties file (or specifying any properties). Cd to
smb://workgroup and do an ls. If you get the AuthException, try
entering the correct credentials. If you have a Linux box, see if
smbclient -L //servername can list it. If it still doesn't work runt
the examples/List.java example with -Dlog=ALL and send it to me.

May The Source be with you.