[jcifs] Documentation mistake ?

Ivan Rangelov the.java.man at lycos.com
Sat Jan 5 01:09:31 EST 2002

Hi
When I try to list the shares of a PC I write
"...
 SmbFile aFile = new SmbFile("smb://Ivan/");
 String [] shares = aFile.list();
 ..."
And receive exception
"...
 Exception in thread "main" jcifs.smb.SmbAuthException: The user account has expired
        at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.send(SmbTransport.java:492)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.sessionSetup(SmbSession.java:145)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.send(SmbSession.java:120)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbTree.treeConnect(SmbTree.java:95)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbTree.sendTransaction(SmbTree.java:50)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.sendTransaction(SmbFile.java:408)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.list(SmbFile.java:859)
        at List.main(List.java:38)
 ..."

I look at the jcifs-0.6b5.jar-->/doc/authhandler.html and there is a table where is written a line saying:
"ERRSRV ERRpasswordExpired 2242 The user account has expired"
So I started to look for information about this error and I found this thing on MicroSoft's web pages:
"...
Error 2242
The password of this user has expired.
Explanation: Your password has expired. You will not be able to perform any network tasks until you change your password.

Action: To change your password, press CTRL+ALT+DELETE, and then select Change Password.
 ..."

Then I started to wondder why MS says "The PASSWORD of the user..." and jcifs says "The user ACCOUNT ..."
I look at the src of JCIFS and discover that everithing is OK
"...
 /**
 * The user account has expired =>/*ACCOUNT-2239*/
 */
    public static final int ERRaccountExpired  = 2239;
 /**
 * The password of the user has expired =>/*PASSWORD-2242*/
 */
    public static final int ERRpasswordExpired = 2242;
 ..."

 So, what do you thing about this - a documentation mistake ?

 p.s.
 I am still receiving the "The user account has expired" exception
 (although I set the username pass hostname baddr domain ...   correctly)
 This exception appears ONLY when I try to get the shares of a PC and  the available Workgroups.
 WHEN I try to get a list of a computers in a given workgroup it      work  perfectly and fast!
 If anyone know where I am wrong please notify();//Me :)))))))))

Thanks in advance

--
Click here for your very own create-a-date adventure from MatchMaker
Go to http://ecard.matchmaker.com/dating.html