[jcifs] Re: SMB URL encoding/decoding

James Nord teilo at teilo.net
Sun Feb 24 14:45:16 EST 2002

Michael B Allen wrote:

>On Sun, 24 Feb 2002 04:01:24 +0100
>James Nord <teilo at teilo.net> wrote:
>
>>>above is true (which may be your point). You cannot count certain
>>>characters. The password field could have three ':' or fifteen '@'s in
>>>it. It can have anything. *That's* the real problem.
>>>
>>No it can not.
>>

>In jcifs SMB URL it can.

And so jcifs SMB URL is not in sync with the SMB url draft
(draft-crhertel-smb-url-02.txt)

I think me and Chris have been talking about the latter and you the
former...

I have seen @'s in files, yes it's less comon than in passwords.

>If it were not for seti at home no one would care.
>
>But if URL
>encoding the password ok with everyone then we can do that.

IMHO this is definatly the way to go.  Although you then have to
urlencode/decode in places I think the SmbURL class should be a lot more
streamlined because of it.

/James