[jcifs] no name with type 0x00 with no scope for host

ashish ashishn at ntechra.com
Thu Feb 21 06:09:30 EST 2002

hey, I called "getAllByAddress( "10.0.100.114" )" .
OK,  even if I don't set "jcifs.smb.client.laddr" property, it works for
some dial up boxes.
Just now I have put windows 98 box in dial up mode and it works fine and I
have not set laddr property.

Now some fuzzy observation. hey, don't blame me for confusing u further :-)
Actually yday I was trying with XP box.and it did not work for sometime.
"nbtstat -A" was working fine though..
After sometime, even jcifs code started working.And to be frank, I am also
confused thoroughly..
I made no change in the code... except that I set "jcifs.smb.client.laddr"
property to ip address of WAN interface.
It did not work then too.
then i removed the setting for "jcifs.smb.client.laddr". and after sometime,
it started working..

Now one more question.. if I am polling all IP Addresses of a subnet , i
really don't know which IP is a dial up .
So how do i differentiate between IPs and set "jcifs.smb.client.laddr"
property accordingly.
I know I need not do such things for "nbtstat -A"...

Thanks,
Ashish