[jcifs] no name with type 0x00 with no scope for host

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.org
Wed Feb 20 14:51:11 EST 2002

ashish wrote:

> yep.. NbtAddress.ALL_HOSTS_NAME is used for query .
> so i guess jcifs is sending proper request in the PDU if thats is the
> only problem.

Hmmm...  I'm not seeing that identifier in the jCIFS docs but I assume
that it is the wildcard address.

> Well, I have taken latest version of jcifs and it still same problem
> exists.
> so what exactly needs to be done...

My part in all of this is digging into protocol specifics.  I don't know the
code the way I should.  (Which is a shame... Mike and the rest of you
deserve better from me, but I haven't got much time these days...)

What I would like to see, of course, is a packet trace.  If you use tcpdump
or Ethereal, the capture filter would be:

  port 137 and host <ipaddr>

where <ipaddr> is the address of the host running jCIFS.

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org