[jcifs] no name with type 0x00 with no scope for host

Allen, Michael B (RSCH) Michael_B_Allen at ml.com
Wed Feb 20 11:19:14 EST 2002

You're either a) trying to use NbtAddress.getHostName to retreive the name of a machine by it's IP address which apparently is not supported by XP according to Chris or b) You're using jcifs-0.5.1
which is rather clumsey about making initial connections and jcifs-0.6b9 will probably solve this problem for you.

The jcifs-0.6b9 product is very stable. I'm working on docs as we speak and will be releasing it renamed to 0.6.0 RSN.

Mike