[jcifs] Re: jCIFS and WebNFS

rjw rob at wygand.com
Tue Feb 19 11:24:16 EST 2002

Brian,

What I would probably do is write a new class.. let's call it XSmbFile
that implements the XFile interface and extends jcifs.smb.SmbFile (or
maybe even just has an SmbFile as a member). I believe this absolves you
of having to  distribute any source, as you are merely 'linking' to
jCIFS is library format. Don't take my word on legal issues, though.
Like Mike said, I recommend reading the LGPL license.

I don't really think that helps you all that much in the A&A areas,
though. From what I understand, that's going to require some big
additions to the jcifs.smb package...

rjw