[jcifs] Some shares are not reported by jCIFS

Matthew Tippett matthew at casero.com
Tue Dec 31 06:02:25 EST 2002

We have seen problems with shares longer than 12 characters (8+3+'.' -
Hmmm), check that.  It looks like XP has extended the name of shares
without necessarily making it broadly known.

Matt

Sundari Karra wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> We are using jCIFS to query the shares on a Solaris machine and it
does not
> return all the shares, only some are reported.  Has anyone seen this
> problem, if so what is the reason and any fixes for the problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Sundari.

-----

The information contained in this message is proprietary of Casero Inc.,
protected from disclosure, and may be privileged. The information is
intended to be conveyed only to the designated recipient(s) of the
message. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, use, distribution or
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please
notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from
your computer. Thank you.