[jcifs] HTTP status 405 - HTTP method GET is not supported by this URL

Tieu, Kiet L KietLinh.Tieu at team.telstra.com
Mon Dec 2 13:12:29 EST 2002

Hi,

I have inherited MyNtlmServlet class to NtlmServlet, and overrides the "service" method on it. On the other hand, I have set
    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>NTLMServlet</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>jcifs.http.MyNtlmServlet</servlet-class>

        <init-param>
            <param-name>jcifs.http.domainController</param-name>
            <param-value>MY_DOMAIN</param-value>
        </init-param>
        </servlet>

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>NTLMServlet</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

When my html page is called, the MyNtlmServlet is called and Windows login box is popuped. After I have entered the id and password, a message "HTTP status 405 - HTTP method GET is not supported by this URL" is displayed on the browser. This error message is caused by the super.service(request, response).

Do anyone has met this issue before, and how to solve it.

Thanks
Lyn