[jcifs] We have a screenshot!

A Kumar lists at akumar.org
Tue Aug 20 13:31:10 EST 2002

I used jcifs to create a similar webbased interface.  The performance
was never up to a level I would consider acceptiable(even a couple of
people using would drive cpu usage to 100%).  I used apache with tomcat,
not sure if that was the reason for the poor performance.  This was also
a much older version of jcifs.

I found that for the most part internet explorer ignored the
content-type header and relied on the file extension to determine how to
handle it.

  http://freshmeat.net/projects/jcifs/

This works with Mozilla on Linux too which might be a real easy way for
newbies to browse there Windows files. If the jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter
is enabled, the users credentials will be used to access SMB resources.