[jcifs] We have a screenshot!

Allen, Michael B (RSCH) Michael_B_Allen at ml.com
Tue Aug 20 10:04:23 EST 2002

You know it's funny you should ask because resin's implementation of getMimeType()
always returns "application/octet-stream". I was hoping someone would enlighten me about
what I'm doing wrong. Not real good with Servlets yet. If it's just broken, I have a small
class and a mime.map file but it's not obvious to me how one should include the
mime.map file in the distribution (I suppose I could put it in the jar and use java.util.zip to
extract it).

Anyway, the answer is yes, if the link is a directory it will display the contents of that
directory. If the link is a file it downloads the file (currently inappropriately as
application/octet-stream). I would be happy if you adopted the code and develop it further.
It's the kind of thing I'd rather pass off to someone else. Or at least you might look at the
way it uses a { display: block; float: left. There are no tables! See attached sample html
source.

As soon as I do 64 bit SmbFileXxxputStream offsets for files > 4GB, add copying
LastModifiedTime in SMB_COM_CLOSE (really only copyTo will benifit I think), and and a
proper available() method for Named Pipes I'll do a 0.7.0b2.

Mike

 <<Network_Explorer.html>>