[jcifs] RE: That SMB_COM_CLOSE thing...

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Tue Aug 20 13:27:44 EST 2002

On Mon, Aug 19, 2002 at 10:56:50PM -0400, Allen, Michael B (RSCH) wrote:
> I'll create a new jar with a copyTo() that uses SMB_COM_COPY in a minute.
>
> But here's something else that looks like it might be broken.  You're
> supposed to be able to specify a UTIME in SMB_COM_CLOSE of the "Time of
> last write". I just tried it with NT4 and it didn't work. It uses the
> current time regardless.
>
> I've prepared a jar that illustrates this behavior. If you use the CopyTo
> example it will submit the last modified time of the source file in the
> SMB_COM_CLOSE operation for the destination file (to save a setattr in
> light of no SMB_COM_COPY). You can see it in the trace. But when you
> look at the time in Explorer of the new file it has the current time.
>
>   http://users.erols.com/mballen/jcifs-0.7.0bCloseTime.jar

People are leaving the lab, wanting to get some sleep to keep up their
strength for the rest of the week I guess.  :)  I'll start testing
CloseTime.jar tomorrow when people are around.  I assume that the CopyTo
example in CloseTime.jar uses the "fixed" version of CopyTo (which doesn't
use SMB_COM_COPY).  Is that correct?

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org