[jcifs] RE: That SMB_COM_CLOSE thing...

Allen, Michael B (RSCH) Michael_B_Allen at ml.com
Tue Aug 20 12:56:50 EST 2002

I'll create a new jar with a copyTo() that uses SMB_COM_COPY in a minute.

But here's something else that looks like it might be broken. You're supposed to be able to specify a
UTIME in SMB_COM_CLOSE of the "Time of last write". I just tried it with NT4 and it didn't work. It
uses the current time regardless.

I've prepared a jar that illustrates this behavior. If you use the CopyTo example it will submit the last
modified time of the source file in the SMB_COM_CLOSE operation for the destination file (to save a
setattr in light of no SMB_COM_COPY). You can see it in the trace. But when you look at the time in
Explorer of the new file it has the current time.

  http://users.erols.com/mballen/jcifs-0.7.0bCloseTime.jar